Why are privacy issues important?
- as with information security, all types of organizations need both a technical perspective and conscious employees to ensure functioning protection of data. How an organization handles privacy issues today affects both reputation, competitiveness and customer satisfaction. Therefore, privacy should be an inherent part of technical interfaces, marketing, budgets and digitization projects. Yes, how the entire organization thinks, acts and communicates. This applies as much to public as private actors.
What is the most important thing to consider when it comes to good processes for gdpr and privacy protection?
- it's basically about making sure that data integrity issues are a natural part of all projects. We see that many of junglemap's customers face different types of challenges.
Fortunately, there are some good guidelines to have in mind making this work more manageable:
1. Dont collect more data than necessary
- Do we need all this data to solve the task? Dont collect more data than is necessary to solve the task.
2. Keep marketing within agreed limits this is an exciting product.
- Let's send out information about this to all previous customers! Make sure to only use the data according to the permissions given from the user.
3. Don't store data longer than necessary so much data!
- Have good deletion routines so that data isnt stored longer than needed.
4. Have good routines for processing physical information so much clutter on the desk!
- Remember that privacy also applies to physical documents.
We have now launched the 2023 version of gdpr and privacy protection where we use nanolearning as a method to create awareness every day of the year. Because in the end, functioning privacy protection also depends on us as users actually thinking and acting with the protection of personal privacy as part of our business.